UNITED WAY OF TUCSON AND SOUTHERN ARIZONA
Community Development Program Coordinator
Full Time, FLSA Non-Exempt
This is a full-time, grant funded, non-exempt, administrative support position for an organized, detail oriented, motivated, professional person who can comfortably handle the requirements of multiple grants and budgets. This position reports to the Chief Impact Officer and will provide administrative support for various managers and directors working in the areas of early childhood education, family support, and school connections.
NOTE: THIS IS A GRANT FUNDED POSITION
General Office Support:
- Develops and processes purchase orders for multiple grants;
- Processes invoices from multiple sources and checks for accuracy;
- Tracks budgets and program information for multiple programs using Excel;
- Takes accurate notes at meetings and prepares notes for distribution;
- Prepares for meetings, workshops and conferences, including printing out agendas, sign-in sheets, and other materials, sending out meeting reminders, bringing necessary AV equipment, and other tasks necessary for event success;
- Organizes all logistics for professional development opportunities for multiple programs including securing venues, creating registration pages on Constant Contact or Eventbrite, tracking registrations, printing out sign-in sheets, and making copies of handouts;
- Tracks data for multiple grants. Combines data and reports submitted by sub-contractors to produce reports for funders;
- Updates weekly lists, calendar schedules, classes and events and ensures updated documents are posted on appropriate listservs, websites, e-newsletters and blogs;
- Completes and submits reports to funders in a timely fashion;
- Orders supplies, equipment, and food for meetings and events;
- Creates, modifies, and maintains letters, memos, and reports using word processing, databases, spreadsheets and other software packages;
- Learns mapping database and creates maps and charts for program managers;
- Collaborates with United Way finance staff to assure that all grant and financial procedures and payments to partners are in compliance with policies and procedures regulating United Way operations and the sub-grantee agreements in effect;
- Distributes related programmatic materials to community agencies and individuals as directed;
- Prepares, compiles and sorts documents for data entry;
- Enters data through database interfaces according to protocol;
- Verifies accuracy of data entry and corrects as necessary;
- Other duties as assigned.
UWSTA Administration and Marketing
- Participates in United Way sponsored activities to promote United Way and secure resources (e.g., Days of Caring, Business Breakfast, First Focus on Kids meetings and Professional Development events, and Family Support Conference);
- Provides administrative support to various directors and managers as assigned;
- Supports Resource Development activities and special events as part of the yearly Campaign.
- Assists with designing, monitoring, and submitting monthly and quarterly reports.
- Participates in United Way, Family Support and First Things First-related community events.
- Provides excellent customer service as a component of all job duties;
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with United Way staff at all levels, volunteers from diverse backgrounds, donors, community partners, independent contractors, and others.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Substitutes for front desk receptionist as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Associate’s Degree in business, office administration or related field and 3-4 years of administrative support experience required. Equivalent combination of education/experience will be considered;
· Excellent written/verbal communication skills, including clear, concise, and grammatically accurate written documents;
· Demonstrated customer service, problem solving, time management, and organizational skills;
· Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite, including Internet browsers, e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, and graphics software. Strongly prefer 55-wpm word processing speed;
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of United Way staff as well as diverse volunteers, donors, community partners, vendors and other constituents;
· Demonstrated ability to tactfully handle stressful situations; maintain composure, negotiate and resolve conflicts, maintain confidentiality and respect and observe organizational protocol;
· Ability to work non-traditional hours as needed;
· Ability and willingness to take direction from multiple people and observe organizational policies and procedures;
- Ability to travel to work in a variety of locations throughout the metropolitan Tucson area and Pima County whenever required;
- Ability to lift 30 lbs required.