Lapsed or current member? Click here to update your account and renew your membership. Not sure? Please email SAVMATucson@gmail.com to find out.
Who We Are
SAVMA is a professional association promoting excellence in the field of volunteer program management, providing educational programs, leadership, information and resources, networking opportunities and support to the volunteer community throughout Southern Arizona.
If volunteers are active in your organization your volunteer engagement professional deserves the support of a professional network. SAVMA is committed to providing education meeting the 7 core competencies of the sector as defined by the Council on Certification of Volunteer Administrators. Additionally, members subscribe to a professional code of ethics and receive support developing plans.
Membership categories and member rights are established by the SAVMA by-laws, and are available in entirety on the policy page of the website.
Leadership & Peer-to-Peer Networking
- Networking with colleagues and access to experts in the field
- Leadership opportunities to serve on SAVMA board or a committee
- Opportunities to represent SAVMA in the community or in the media
- Tips, expertise, and support for meeting the challenges of changing volunteer demographics
- Being part of a team dedicated to shaping the field of volunteer management on a local, state, federal and international level
- Strategic Partnership opportunities:
- Arizona Governor’s Office of Youth, Faith, and Family
- Council on Certified Volunteer Administration (CCVA)
- Association of Leaders !n Volunteer Engagement (AL!VE)
- ASU Lodestar (Service Enterprise)
- Nonprofit Leadership Alliance (CNP)
- Cradle to Career Partnership
- Volunteer Pro- Tobi Johnson (Volunteer Management Progress Report)
- VIP admission and discounts to trainings and events
- Discounts for SAVMA Awards
- Discounts for SAVMA Volunteer Fair
- Discounts for Partner Organizations when available
Promotion and Influence
- Link to SAVMA’s Code of Ethical Standards on Organization’s webpage or personal LinkedIn page
- Recognized as SAVMA member on SAVMA’s website and at SAVMA’s programs
- Pose a question to fellow members on the blog, in the newsletter and on the social media account (editorial calendar permitting)
- Promote community wide volunteer events (must be open to the entire community and meet non-discrimination standards)
*Individual Membership benefits are limited to that individual and do not benefit the organization they serve.