2023 Volunteer Board Member Award
SAVMA Award goes to a volunteer who has worn many hats!
Tucson, Sep. 14 — Junior Achievement of Arizona – Southern District, volunteer Director on the Board of Directors, Chrisie Ballard, is receiving the 2023 Volunteer Board Member Award from the Southern Arizona Volunteer Management Association (SAVMA).
Since joining the Junior Achievement of AZ Southern District Board in 2010, Chrisie has been a force of good for 13 years. She has worked to overcome challenges, advocated for healthy growth and change, and increased fundraising resulting in the two best years in 21-22 and 22-23.
Chrisie passionately supports JA’s mission and work to inspire entrepreneurship in their youth. She has held every leadership role: Secretary, Vice Chair, and Chair, serving on the JA AZ Governance Board and chairing multiple committees. Chrisie brings this same energy and impact as a volunteer in JA classroom programs at every grade level.
“Chrisie is the most exceptional board member and passionate ambassador for Junior Achievement. Her leadership and energy have propelled us to our best years ever, changing the future for 20,000 primarily low-income students in southern Arizona annually. We are so very lucky to have Chrisie and her positive, contagious enthusiasm!”
-Katherine Cecala, CEO of Junior Achievement of Arizona
“Thank you for recognizing me as board member of the year for Junior Achievement. I am honored and blessed to have the time to give back to my community…. JA is so important to our youth and aligns with my values of the entrepreneurial spirit here in Tucson.”
-Chrisie Ballard, JA Board of Directors
About Junior Achievement of Arizona
- Junior Achievement of Arizona (JA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that equips Arizona students to succeed in work and life by giving them the knowledge and skills they need to manage their money, plan for their future, and make smart academic, career and economic choices.
- Since 1957, JA has taught kids, kindergarten through high school, about financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship. The organization’s hands-on, age-appropriate programs are delivered by more than 7,500 corporate and community volunteers. Despite educational obstacles during the pandemic, JA reached approximately 170,000 students in the 2022-2023 school year.
- Follow @JAArizona on social media or visit jaaz.org/resources for more free online educational tools.
About Southern Arizona Volunteer Management Association
- SAVMA was first established as a professional association for volunteer administrators in 1996. Its mission is to promote excellence in volunteer program management; to provide educational programs, leadership, information, resources, as well as networking opportunities; and to support Southern Arizona’s volunteer community.
- SAVMA will host the third annual SAVMA Awards on January 18, 2024 at the Tucson Convention Center Ballroom.
- SAVMA has nearly 100 members representing 60 organizations.
To learn more about this year’s honorees and get updates on the celebration, visit savma.org.