2023 Nonprofit Volunteer Program Award
Tucson, Sep. 15 — Habitat for Humanity Tucson, to receive the 2023 Nonprofit Volunteer Program Award from the Southern Arizona Volunteer Management Association (SAVMA).
The Nonprofit Volunteer Program Award recognizes an organization that has demonstrated outstanding impact through their volunteer program. Habitat for Humanity constructed an extraordinary volunteer program. SAVMA will recognize their successes on January 18, 2024 at the annual awards event. The event recognizes all levels of volunteerism including individuals, nonprofits, and corporations.
Every year thousands of Volunteers make the mission of Habitat Tucson possible. In 2022-2023 the Habitat for Humanity Tucson volunteer base was 2,100 persons who served for over 46,000 hours. They literally help build a better community right here in Southern Arizona. They strive to find unique ways to utilize our volunteers’ valuable skills by inviting each volunteer into the process of partnership that is at the core of everything they do.
Volunteers participate in a variety of roles: they construct houses, they use their electrical expertise to make sure homes are safe, they are a central part of HabiStore operations as sales reps, they serve as AmeriCorps crew leaders and e-commerce developers, they create year-long partnerships with homebuyers as Family Partners, they maintain the equity of their homebuyer selection process by participating in the Selection Committee, they advise Habitat Tucson on the Board of Directors, and they participate in the Audit process on the Audit Committee.
About Habitat for Humanity of Tucson
- Creating a more compassionate and just world, Habitat for Humanity Tucson builds homes, community, and hope in Southern Arizona.
- Since 1980 Habitat Tucson has built nearly 500 homes, because of their dedicated volunteers.
- Habitat volunteers assist in all areas of operations, including: a “brush with kindness”, administration, CHUCK Center, construction, “Critical Home Repair”, events, HabiStore, neighborhood revitalization, and volunteer services.
About Southern Arizona Volunteer Management Association
- SAVMA was first established as a professional association for volunteer administrators in 1996. Its mission is to promote excellence in volunteer program management; to provide educational programs, leadership, information, resources, as well as networking opportunities; and to support Southern Arizona’s volunteer community.
- SAVMA will host the third annual SAVMA Awards on January 18, 2024 at the Tucson Convention Center Ballroom.
- SAVMA has nearly 100 members representing 60 organizations.
To learn more about this year’s honorees and get updates on the celebration, visit savma.org.