2023 Corporate Volunteerism Award
Focus on leadership development is core to Caterpillar’s mission!
Tucson, Sep. 14 — Caterpillar Tucson Regional Offices, is being awarded the 2023 Corporate Volunteerism Award from the Southern Arizona Volunteer Management Association (SAVMA).
Paloma Santiago, Southern District Director for Junior Achievement of Arizona submitted the nomination. The Caterpillar Tucson Regional Team will receive the award on January 18, 2024, at the annual SAVMA Awards. The event recognizes all levels of volunteerism including individuals, nonprofits and corporations.
Steve Pangburn, Global Sales Manager is quoted “we, at Caterpillar, are honored to be awarded the Corporate Volunteerism Award by Southern Arizona Volunteer Management Association. We continue to look for volunteer opportunities where our values align with the code of sustainability, excellence and integrity. JA provides this by giving our employees the chance to work together annually and share their expertise to future generations the importance of having a strong work ethic, money management and career readiness skills.”
According to the nomination, in 2018, Caterpillar volunteers adopted Cragin Elementary School and annually teaches 300+ kindergarten through 5th graders about money, careers, and entrepreneurial thinking. 96% of Cragin’s diverse population are from low-income households. Caterpillar is responsible for reaching over 7,700 students and continue to grow their community impact.
About Junior Achievement of Arizona
- Junior Achievement of Arizona (JA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that equips Arizona students to succeed in work and life by giving them the knowledge and skills they need to manage their money, plan for their future, and make smart academic, career and economic choices.
- Since 1957, JA has taught kids, kindergarten through high school, about financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship. The organization’s hands-on, age-appropriate programs are delivered by more than 7,500 corporate and community volunteers. Despite educational obstacles during the pandemic, JA reached approximately 170,000 students in the 2022-2023 school year.
- Follow @JAArizona on social media or visit jaaz.org/resources for more free online educational tools.
About Southern Arizona Volunteer Management Association
- SAVMA was first established as a professional association for volunteer administrators in 1996. Its mission is to promote excellence in volunteer program management; to provide educational programs, leadership, information, resources, as well as networking opportunities; and to support Southern Arizona’s volunteer community.
- SAVMA will host the third annual SAVMA Awards on January 18, 2024 at the Tucson Convention Center Ballroom.
- SAVMA has nearly 100 members representing 60 organizations.