FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Jessica Dennes, [email protected]
Southwest Gas wins volunteer award
Tucson, Oct. 21 — Southern Arizona Volunteer Management Association awarded Southwest Gas Corporation with its Corporate Volunteerism Award.
The company’s community outreach efforts will be honored Jan. 16 at the Southern Arizona Volunteer Management Association Awards, which recognize all levels of volunteerism including individuals, nonprofits and corporations.
“We are so excited to have been nominated for the Corporate Volunteerism Award by the Diaper Bank this year and really pleased and proud just to even be nominated,” said Lorraine Morgan, public information officer for Southwest Gas. “It’s a big thrill for our employees.”
The Diaper Bank of Southern Arizona nominated Southwest for the award because of its dedicated efforts over the years to support the bank, which distributes more than 70,000 diapers a month and relies heavily on volunteers to bundle diapers for distribution. Most recently, Southwest held a diaper drive that collected nearly 17,500 diapers and incontinence supplies, and 57 company volunteers spent 113 hours at the Diaper Bank bundling diapers.
About Southwest Gas Corporation
- Southwest was founded in 1931 and provides natural gas service to Arizona, Nevada and parts of California.
- It serves more than 2 million customers.
- Its BLUE (Building Lives Up Everywhere) Program encourages and supports employees in their volunteer endeavors.
About Southern Arizona Volunteer Management Association
- SAVMA was established in 1996 as a professional association for volunteer administrators. Its mission is to promote excellence in volunteer program management, provide educational programs, leadership, information and resources as well as networking opportunities and support Southern Arizona’s volunteer community.
- This is the second year for the SAVMA Awards. The 2020 awards will be held Jan. 16 at the Tucson Convention Center Ballroom.
To learn more about this year’s honorees and get updates on all things volunteer, visit savma.org.