January 14, 2021
Tucson Convention Center Ballroom
8:00AM Registration | 8:30AM Program | 10:30 Keynote Workshop (requires a separate ticket)
Volunteers are ESSENTIAL to the well-being of our community and we want to recognize the extraordinary volunteerism of individuals, youth, and corporate volunteerism programs with your help! This event highlights the important work of amazing volunteers, administrators, and organizations and celebrates the outstanding spirit of volunteerism in Southern Arizona. We can’t wait to celebrate with you!
In addition to honoring the 2021 Award Winners, sponsors will have the opportunity to select an individual for a Community Service Recognition.
Keynote Speaker TBD, so stay tuned! Volunteer Managers or those who work directly with volunteers are encouraged to attend this additional professional development workshop.
The Sponsorship Package 2021 will be coming soon and will contain more details about the event and the benefits provided to sponsors including exclusive opportunities to submit a volunteer for the Community Service Recognition! A W-9 is available here for corporate sponsors.
SAVMA Awards 2020 a success!
Our big six award winners took center stage, more than 30 organizations celebrated their volunteers and our Keynote Speaker, Dana Litwin, brought a few laughs and several insights into the needs of todays volunteer environment. We grew the event by more than 100 attendees and looking forward to sharing stories of the Community Service Recognition recipients throughout 2020. Check out the pictures: https://www.creativeexposuresphoto.com/p303807436
- Program Volunteer of the Year – Steve Johnson (Court Appointed Special Advocates)
- Corporate Volunteerism Award – Southwest Gas Corporation
- Nonprofit Volunteer Program of the Year – Interfaith Community Services
- Youth Volunteer Group of the Year – Zoo Crew (Reid Park Zoo)
- Board Member of the Year – Scott Summerford (Interfaith Community Services)
- Volunteer Administrator of the Year – Gina Hansen (Habitat for Humanity)
SAVMA Awards 2019
Our inaugural SAVMA Awards 2019 was a success with 400 registrants, 20 honorees and 5 major awardees! Check out the photos and more information.
- Volunteer of the Year 2019, Mary Ohrazda
- Nonprofit Volunteer Program of the Year, Literacy Connects
- Corporation or Group of the Year, Tucson Electric Power Company
- Youth or Youth Group Volunteer of the Year, El Rio Teen Reproductive Health Access Project Volunteers
- Volunteer Administrator of the Year, Theresa Ulloa
We simply would not have been successful without the support of our sponsors; Tucson Electric Power Company, Tucson Foundations, Community Foundation for Southern Arizona, Allwell, Banner University Medicine, United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona, Hughes Federal Credit Union, Raise the Bar Consulting, and the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona.