2023 Program Volunteer Award
Tucson, Arizona September 11 — Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) volunteer, Dave Tabb, is being recognized with the 2023 Program Volunteer Award from the Southern Arizona Volunteer Management Association (SAVMA).
Dave has been a volunteer for CASA of Pima County for three years. He is currently a CASA for nine children. Dave has donated more than 2,000 hours, and more than 24,000 miles in support of his CASA children. Some of Dave’s acts of service as a volunteer have included making new memories with his CASA children. This has included watching their first 3-D movie to taking them to experience the snow and scenic views of Mt. Lemmon. He has tried virtual reality at the request of one of his teens, karate lessons, and has been known to see the same movie multiple times in one weekend for “his kids.”
Many times, Dave has remained the only constant in the child’s life and has proven he will be there to support them through all the ups and downs. Dave’s passion in supporting kids in foster care is evident, and very admirable. He is absolutely deserving of this award! On January 18, 2024, Dave will receive the SAVMA Program Volunteer Award. The event recognizes all levels of volunteerism including individuals, nonprofits and corporations.
About CASA Program of Pima County
- Established as a national organization in 1977 in Seattle, Washington, the Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA).
- In 1979, CASA of Pima County became the second program in the country.
- There are now CASA programs in all 50 states and all 15 counties in Arizona.
- CASA Volunteer Advocates are ordinary people who do extraordinary things for children in foster care who have experienced abuse or neglect.
About Southern Arizona Volunteer Management Association
- Established as a professional association in 1996 for volunteer administrators.
- Its mission is to promote excellence in volunteer program management; and to provide educational programs, leadership, information and resources for leaders of volunteers; and to provide networking opportunities, and support the volunteer community.
- There are more than 60 organizations represented in SAVMA’s 100+ members.
- This is the third year for the SAVMA Awards. The awards are on January 18, 2024 at the Tucson Convention Center Ballroom.