Job Posting for Resource Development for Administrative Assistant for CFC
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona Human Resources by Friday, April 8th.
Jane S DeNigris, PHR, SHRM-CP
Human Resources Generalist
United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona
UNITED WAY OF TUCSON AND SOUTHERN ARIZONA
Combined Federal Campaign (CFC)
Full time, FLSA Non-Exempt
March 28, 2016 until February 28, 2017
Reporting to the Arizona Combined Federal Campaign Manager. This position provides administrative and organizational support for the Arizona Combined Federal Campaign (CFC). This position requires initiative, creativity, independent judgment and decision-making, and the ability to assume responsibility for outcomes with minimal direction. The job also requires familiarity with all federal regulations, memorandum and directives governing the CFC.
The Arizona CFC is a workplace fundraising campaign that gives federal employees the opportunity to support local charities. The campaign is administered by the United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona. The campaign area covers 14 of the 15 Arizona counties, over 740 federal agencies, and more than 50,000 federal employees. The campaign area is greater than the 8th largest state of the US 50 states.
THIS POSITION WILL BE ELIMINATED MARCH 1, 2017
Customer Relationship Management
Provide excellent customer service as a component of all job duties.
Incorporate all applicable components of the organization’s Constituent Relationship Management plan into annual work plan.
· Maintain a complete and accurate listing of all leadership and donor recognition requirements. Prepare and ensure all donor recognition items are distributed to donors in a timely and positive manner.
Review charitable agency application packets for completeness and accuracy, and prepare materials for LFCC review and final consideration.
Using specialized and common software programs,
Update and maintain current listing of federal agencies throughout Arizona campaign area;
Update campaign information
Data Entry of all CFC pledge cards and charitable organizations.
Running reports for each envelope processed.
Sending out Donor Designation and Pledge and Donor Reports to organizations.
Helping with first and last disbursement payments.
Scheduling and Meeting Support
· Schedule and coordinate meetings at in-house and off-site locations throughout the state, including meetings of the LFCC, agency application trainings and unit campaign coordinator trainings.
· Reserve meeting rooms and event locations, prepare and distribute meeting notices and other materials, agendas, and record and distribute minutes.
· Prepare training materials to support training schedule.
· Coordinate invitations, reply lists, and restricted site entry roster.
· Arrange for and supervise additional personnel support.
· Perform other duties as needed to ensure smooth and efficient event.
Correspondence and Material Generation (General and Campaign-Related)
· Route incoming materials and information as required.
· Process paperwork for CFC departmental operating needs.
· Prepare agency applications, accept/deny notifications, training notifications, and meeting notices as required. Plan and prepare all aspects of bulk mailings through delivery to USPS bulk mail facility.
· Maintain up-to-date records in accordance with federal regulations governing the CFC filing requirements.
· Maintain files and campaign materials for three complete campaigns.
· Perform duties in accordance with United Way policies and procedures such as attending staff meetings, completing accurate and timely timesheets and expense reports, covering morning breaks for receptionist, cover switchboard, and faxing documents.
Other Duties as Assigned
referred Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
· Associate’s Degree in business, office administration or related field and/or 3-4 years increasingly responsible office support, or equivalent combination of education/experience. DOD and federal experience accepted.
· Demonstrated proactive customer service, problem solving, time management and organizational skills.
· Demonstrated excellent written/verbal communication skills, including clear, concise, and accurate written documents, grammar, and spelling.
· Demonstrated skills using Windows-based software, including Internet browsers, e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and database. -wpm word processing speed. Skills using current Microsoft Office Suite strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to manage a databases.
· Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of United Way staff as well as diverse volunteers, donors, community partners, vendors, and other constituents.
· Demonstrated ability to tactfully handle stressful situations, negotiate and resolve conflicts, maintain confidentiality, and to respect and observe organizational protocol.
· Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule and adjust it as required by changing activities.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license, current auto insurance, daily access to reliable vehicle and able to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
· Skills testing will be required.