SAVMA is seeking proposals for 2017 General Membership Meetings (third Thursday of every month at 3:30PM). Meetings are typically held at Habitat for Humanity Tucson 3501 N Mountain Ave, Tucson, AZ 85719. Presentations are one hour with 15 minutes of Q and A.
Possible topics all relating to volunteer services (not all inclusive):
- Developing policies and procedures
- Risk management planning
- Setting benchmarks
- Developing an evaluation plan
- Supporting the work of a Board of Directors
- Designing, implementing and evaluating a communications plan
- Cultivating and evaluating stakeholder and partner relationships
- Developing performance objectives for volunteers
- Designing recruitment plans
- Evaluating recruitment strategies
- Streamlining an onboarding process with Lean Management techniques
- Coaching for performance improvement
- Maintaining records
- Evaluating training
- Continuous Quality Improvement
- Advocating for volunteers
- Corporate Engagement Trends
- Supporting Fundraising Efforts
- Time Management
- Nonprofit Ethics
Please complete the 2017_Request for Proposals for Meeting Presenters and include a resume with at least one reference (with phone and email information) who can address your presentation skills. A letter of recommendation is also acceptable.
Preference will be given to presenters with professional credentials and/or certifications. Members of SAVMA will be given priority.
SAVMA does not provide honoraria or speaker fees. Handouts delivered electronically to the Membership Committee one week prior to the meeting will be printed by SAVMA; any handouts not delivered by the deadline will be the responsibility of the speaker.
Presenters representing companies that provide services for a fee to nonprofit organizations are permitted to bring promotional information, to be available to participants after the program concludes. Sales statements and promotional material are not permitted during the presentation, but self promotion as a final slide are acceptable.
Should your proposal be accepted for a 2017 SAVMA meeting, you will be notified via email by April 15, 2017. Should your proposal not be accepted, you will be notified of the decision and referred for future programming opportunities.
Please submit proposals by April 5, 2017 to:
2017 Program Chair
[email protected] (subject line: SAVMA 2017 General Meeting Presenter)